We sold our old couch and love seat. The davenport is from craigslist and my parents generously gave us the two super cute red chairs. I really like my living room now, and have made some more little additions to add to the new feel. The benefit of the leather and vinyl furniture is how easy it is to clean up the cat hair! It will also be nice when we have guests who are allergic, they should be able to get more comfortable without experiencing their allergy side effects.
And it's so much cuter!!
As a gift, my mom got me the 'wall flowers' on the left. I think they are so cool! She got them at this neat store in Angola by the lake. The flowers just snap on and off of a special kind of nail head, so i can move them if i want.
Thanks, AGAIN, mom, for the pillows from pier one (we love that place!)
Our house was lacking a family picture place, so now we have one. I've included wedding pictures from our wedding, and all of our siblings weddings. Each of my adorable nieces get a frame. Our parents each get a frame. Engagement and 'Day after the wedding' pics are also up there. I think it adds to the homey-ness of the room. it shows, yes! there are people that live here!
You may not recognize the nice looking family on the top right!? I still need one more 8x10 =)
Late this summer, my Mom showed me how to make these fabric flowers and i've been hooked ever since! This was my first bouquet. It's purpose is to help blend the colors of the bright blue davenport and the bright red chairs.
In the center of the flowers is buttons!
Second bouquet, tiny flowers! in a tiny tin!
While at one of my weekly goodwill stops, i came across an old scarf and thought that this would be great material for my new favorite craft, Flowers! My love of retro and my love of fabric flowers birthed this little creation.
I sifted through some old buttons that my mom has, and gave the retro flowers their retro buttons. Got little green vase at a sweet thrift store while on the road.
At the same sweet thrift shop, I found this sweet old photo album!
Miss Scarlet Wellington wanted her picture with it, so I agreed.
I didn't really know what I was going to put in it at first,
but then i figured it out--
Last month, my Dad lent me his old camera that Sheeshaw got for him and my uncle Johnny when she was in Japan. (in the 70's sometime, i think) So now I plan to fill the album with picture taken with this special old camera.
sounds fun to me =)
3 comments:
everything is beautiful! love the new look of the living room... i want to come play there :) love the flowers, love the wall pics, LOVE the fabric flowers, love the new camera (drool...), love YOU!
ps... i wanna learn how to make those fabric flowers... teach! (you could do a blog tutorial??? :):)
thanks annie! i want you to come play in huntington with me and jeff.
maybe i will do a tutorial??! hmmm.
Post a Comment