Wednesday, March 10, 2010

stories i don't want to forget. episode 1.

sometime in 2008, funny to me:
We were at a show (i think up in MN). I was back at the sound/ light board doin my thang- the lights for the show. Sidenote: I acquired the job of doing the lights during the shows a few years ago and have taught myself along the way.
There was a man from the venue running sound who was back at the booth with me. We were small-talking and such. After a while, he said to me, " There aren't many women in our profession". I smiled and laughed to myself. He called it OUR profession, so i guess that means I am seen as a "techy".

February 2010, funny to most:
We were at a weekend retreat and Jeff was talking with three students at the merch table. The students were amusing in a dorky sort of way, unique :) All of the sudden the quietest of the three blurts out, "UNprotected SEX!"
There is a hush between us and the other members of the room. No one addresses it, we just resume conversation in a few seconds. OKAaaaay......

Later on, Jeff is like, "Did you hear what I heard?"

"YES, what was that about?"

Jeff says, "Well after re-running the situation over in my head, i think i've figured it out........"

It goes like this: One of the three students had a jean jacket with 3 buttons (pins) decorating ONE side of his jacket. Jeff (teacher at heart) asked the students how many smaller Attaboy buttons would it take to "even out" the jacket on both sides??
'Miss Random' pipes in, "I'm PREdicting SIX!"

1 comment:

dmcnulty said...

goodness. that gave me a good chuck, molly dear. :)