As my dad practiced his reading during the rehearsal and I listened to the sound of his voice, my memory took me back to a time when life was pretty magical, a dramatic little girl and a sweet little brother- listening to dad read us bedtime stories. I was reminded of how much I treasure the sound of my dad's voice, not always for WHAT he is reading but just the sound of his calm, sweet voice. What a gift.
Speaking of that sweet little brother, can I just brag on my brother for a bit? He has always been the sweetheart of the family- there is just no better adjective to describe him than "sweet". It was hard for me to understand how Luke could not be sinister like me sometimes, it just wasn't his first thought. His goal was not to end up on top, selfless little dude. He blows me away. He was just too content with life to manipulate others. And what a goof-ball!? Ha, he does not have to try that hard to make us laugh. Just thinking of the adolescent version of Luke makes me smile=) Knowing Luke through the stages of our lives so far, he has always been the best friend that I have not always chosen to appreciate. I appreciate him now, so much. He has taught me to try and be content with my life, love others before myself, how to share, how to be a best friend, how to make up after a fight. He has joined me in laughing so hard that no sound comes out, imagining silly things, dreaming big things, playing for hours, growing up, realizing things that make us wish we weren't, loving God for real. He is the best little brother ever.
Family is such a gift from God and we are blessed to have ours grow with the addition of Keri.
1 comment:
ahh, made me cry... yet again :) i know... Luke (& you) are the babies... and were always BOTH so sweet... we never saw the "Sinister Molly" or whoever you are talking about...haha! You both were the sweethearts in our book, but yes, Luke has always just made me laugh even without him having to do anything. I love you both so much! It was so nice to hang a bit... hope you are having a great week!
Post a Comment