Week 2 of summer travel was our first week at camp. It rained EVERy single day, but the last. The day this photo was taken. It is a lovely place and we had a great time. This is my favorite camp. Jeff and I participated in our second annual "black band" swim, where you swim from one side of the lake to the other. We woke up at 5 AM (jeff was thrilled), Jeff kayaked to the other side of the lake. Then a boat drove me and dropped me off to swim. The distance is somewhere between 1 and 1.5 miles. I swam it in 57 min. I was proud of that. Jeff kayaked next to me the whole time, encouraging me and "reminding" me that the fish won't kill me.
I'm nervous, getting ready to start the big swim.
Jumping iiiinnnn!
Freaking out- Fish are scary!!!!!! They will eat my soft underbelly!!!
Getting a bit tired, but keep going!
The occasional fish freakout!!!!
Determination. YES
I'm done. Sweet satisfaction =)
Now for Jeff's facial expression diary.
How he felt to wake up at 5 AM:
How he felt when we finally started the swim around 7:
How He felt when I freaked out about the fish:
How he felt when I was doing good and swimming hard:
How he felt when I splashed him (on accident):
How he felt when we were done:
2 comments:
hilarious!!!!!! ahhh... can't wait to see you this weekend... love you both!
When am I going to see you instead of stalking you on your blog? Can't wait to have you in the rocky state!
-Rachael
Post a Comment